Today sped by... I was busy cooking, bathing, knitting, reading, and studying dividend stock videos on Youtube. The time just flew. It's already getting dark.
I even started knitting again. I had been feeling like I could no longer do it. I decided to attempt something easy, darning. I climbed up on a chair and pulled out my sock yarn from the top shelf of my closet. I couldn't remember which box it was in, but I quickly found it. I matched the remaining balls to my gloves and hand knit socks. They all had small holes that were opening wider and wider. It had been worrying me. I darned them quickly and carefully. It was so satisfying. They look and feel like new items of clothing now. They have hand woven patches. Using the matching yarn makes all the difference. You don't notice it.
I also mended the armpit of one of my favorite cashmere sweaters. I used some blue embroidery floss that blends in well with the cable knit design. This is the second time I have sewed together that seam. The sweater is twenty years old, and is still very warm and soft. I am so happy to have it fixed and ready to wear. I will wash it by hand tonight.
I put some of the decorations from my parents' house in my bedroom and garden. In the photo above is the bedding from my old room. I love her taste. I tried to hang the lace curtains, but they are starting to shred. I will see what I can do. I may have to replace them.
Her patio had so many cute little figurines. I adore these little fairies. They really give the cottage a magical feel. I think she would like how everything fits in here. She was so meticulous with her home.
What did you do today? Have you been staying in, too?
Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.
0 Comments