Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

BOATS IN A MARINA ON THE OUTER BANKS, NORTH CAROLINA

A poem for you today, but first this is a marina we visited in the Outer Banks.  We had just had lunch in one of the restaurants nearby. I thought the moored boats made a pretty photo, and I went looking for a poem.

Becalmed 
by 
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Becalmed upon the sea of Thought
Still unattained the land is sought,
My mind with loosely hanging sails
Lies waiting the auspicious gales.

On either side, behind, before,
The ocean stretches like a floor,
A level floor of amethyst,
Crowned by a golden dome of mist.

Blow, breath of inspiration, blow.
Shake and uplift this golden glow,
And fill the canvas of the mind
With wafts of thy celestial wind.

Blow, breath of song, until I feel
The straining sail, the lifting keel,
The life of the awakening sea,
Its motion and its mystery.

Thanks for looking and 
have a great day.






Post a Comment

0 Comments