Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Joss Whedon: Serenity Now! Serenity Now!


I keep reading (from obvious Whedon fanboys) how sci-fi fans unfamiliar with Firefly will love Serenity. I'm a sci-fi fan, I've never watched Firefly and I fucking hated Serenity. In addition to corny archetypes, a tired plot, unimaginative direction, incredibly lame fight scenes, painfully cute dialogue and CG worthy of Stargate Atlantis, this movie had nothing to offer aside from spending some time with Chiwetal Ejiofor. If you're not a Whedon fanboy this is a complete waste of time and offers nothing new to the sci-fi genre.

I can't express how annoyed I am with having watched this film. I remember seeing the trailer in the theater and thinking how bad it looked. One thing that stuck in my mind about the trailer was the voice over spouting over and over: "from the mind of Joss Whedon." At the time I wondered if I was missing something since I had no idea who this great mind was. A few minutes on IMDB clued me in that Whedon was behind TV's Buffy The Vampire Slayer, a show I will admit I have never watched. Of course there was also the TV show Firefly, another show I had not only never watched, but had never heard of before (unfortunately) stumbling across Serenity. So now that I am well versed with Mr. Whedon's mind, I'm praying (something unfamiliar to an Infidel such as myself) Mr. Whedon (and his mind) will be relegated to penning schlock for the small screen, a medium where his lack of talent will undoubtedly float amidst a sea of feces.

Post a Comment

0 Comments