Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Typing

'Tis a curious thing that now when everybody needs to type, typing is no longer taught in schools. I questioned my sister and her girlfriend about the matter and both learnt typing at school, however, neither touch type. I too learnt typing at school, but I did not get to touch typing. I only really learnt once the internet arrived. I watch the screen and not the keyboard, unless I need a symbol or whatever. I will add that I need to become familiar with a keyboard first though, as no two seem to be the same.

Typing class at school was where you were taught how to type, of course. But not only that, you were also taught how to compose and arrange a letter. You were taught about paper sizes and the correct way to address an envelope. I think there were also business classes, which would have started off with the basics we learnt in typing.

Now, I suppose by the age of ten everyone can type, but how well?

Post a Comment

0 Comments