This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through affiliate links helps to support this blog.
Oh the joys of finding a foundation! There are so many options these days at the drugstore and high-end. You can choose your type, formula, finish, coverage, undertone, color, application, price, animal testing status and brand. That's a whole lot of choices for one face! Not to mention that you usually have to do this more than once... you know 1 for days, 1 for nights out, 1 for humidity, 1 when you want some glow, etc...
I have been on the lookout for a foundation that is cruelty-free, will cover my acne scars and sun spots without looking cakey, will last all day at work, works with my combination to oily skin, and that has a matte or demi-matte finish. I have been hunting for over a year for the perfect foundation... ok, maybe I'm asking for too much. But I want it! So I went to Sephora to talk to an employee about some options for me.
The employee introduced me to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Concealer (in 1.0) - he said that although this is marketed as a concealer, it works great as a foundation as well and can be kept fairly light or built up to full coverage. He also told me the best way to work with this product is with a wet beauty blender. I have to say I tried it once and found it was really hard to blend in around my face. But I'm going to try again, maybe with a little more product this time. I'll report back if it's wonderful!
I also wanted to try the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation (in Porcelain) as I've swatched it on my hand a few times in store. I'm trying this one out today actually, and the coverage is light to medium and does look like skin and not a face of foundation. Jury's still out on whether or not it will last all day.
I will definitely let you all know which one I choose, if any with a full foundation review.
Then, for the concealer I needed a beauty blender, so I bought one. Finally! In nude. I've been wanting to try a beauty blender forever but kept talking myself out of it. I'll test it out fully and get back to you all with a review. I know you want to know if it's really worth the hype and better than the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge that I talk abouthere.
The last part of my little Sephora haul is this mini Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper I got with some of my points. I have been dying to try to liner out and see if it really lasts all day! So I'm going to give this a good run!
So these are my exciting finds and samples from Sephora! Do you have any foundation woes or recs? Let me know in the comments!


0 Comments