Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Teaser Tuesday (73)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly, bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Rules for participating:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week, my teaser is from Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire. I haven't read anything by Maguire in a while; I read Wicked and Son of a Witch almost three years ago. It's mostly because I thought some elements of both books were a little strange, and it isn't the type of Fantasy I usually read. But I always love books that turn the antagonist into the protagonist, so I decided to pick up this one.

(I don't really like the cover for the book. I think the art is detailed and interesting, but nothing really pops and says "Read Me!". I prefer this alternative cover, even if it is more generic.)

"He's taken and flattened all that is attractive in you," says Caspar. "It's like a lie that has enough resemblance to truth to convince for a brief moment."
-p. 51

**********

What are you reading right now? Have a teaser to share?


-----The Golden Eagle

Post a Comment

0 Comments