The Crusaders is a from a Canadian comics series, Three Aces Comics, which was combined later with Grand Slam Comics to create Grand Slam Three Aces. At some point they went to four color printing, but this earlier story is printed black line in Three Aces #3 (1945). It is a tale of relativity. People on the planet Kaznol, where the Crusaders have landed to repair their space ship, are aging faster than the Crusaders. It’s because time is whizzing by. According to a handy chart on page 9, we see that one day on Kaznol equals 24 years on Earth. Yikes.
As for the name, The Crusaders, there is a cross in the shield around “The” in the splash panel logo, In the very last panel a glowing cross is floating in space. Jihadists, take note. I am not promoting the Crusades. Other than those symbols, unless I missed something I don’t detect anything overtly Christian in the storyline.
Coincidences happen. In April after I finished preparing the scans for this story, I saw and clipped this newspaper strip, Pardon My Planet, by Vic Lee. Copyright © 2015 Vic Lee.
Here is a color Crusaders story I showed in 2011. Just click on the thumbnail.













0 Comments